- The Society shall be called the “Society for Emergency Radiology (SER)”.
- The registered office of the Society will be the Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- The area of operation of SER will be Chandigarh.
- To promote and advance Emergency Radiology (including Trauma Radiology) as a medical science.
- To disseminate recent knowledge of Emergency Radiology among academic and practicing radiologists.
- To train young radiologists and resident doctors in various radiologic techniques, diagnoses, patient care and processes in Emergency Radiology.
- To maintain and uphold standards of practice of Emergency Radiology.
- To encourage research in Emergency Radiology for better understanding of the disease.
To Achive These Objectives, The Following Steps Will Be Installed
- The Society will invite eminent radiologists from within and outside India to disseminate knowledge of emergency and trauma radiology.
- The Society will teach resident community through CMEs, conferences, symposia and workshops.
- The society will hold CMEs/conferences I workshops I symposia I skills transfer courses in Emergency Radiology.
- The Society will encourage and provide assistance to radiologists for presenting research work at National I International Conferences, Workshops and Symposia. The same recipient will not be eligible for such assistance again within three years.
- The Society will assist in publishing and procuring scientific material for promotion and research in Emergency Radiology.
- The Society will acquire and purchase teaching materials and teaching aids.
- The Society will encourage research in Emergency Radiology by providing prizes and awards.
- The Society will receive donations and will spend the same for achieving the aims & objectives of the Society for advancement of Emergency Radiology.
Terms And Conditions
- The income and property of the society shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the society as set forth in title Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid to or transferred, directly or indirectly to the members of the society.
- No member of the Governing body of the society shall be appointed to any salaried office of the society or any other office of the society and no remuneration shall be given by the society to any member of such Governing Body, except the payment of out of pocket expenses and interest on money lent or rent for premises demised to the society.
- The society by its constitution is required to apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects.
- If upon the winding up or dissolution of the society there remains after settlement of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, it shall not be distributed among the members of the society but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having objectives similar to the objectives of the society to be determined by the members of the society at or before the time of dissolution.
Society for Emergency Radiology was established in 2013 with the goal of providing a framework for the establishment and development of emergency radiology across the country and the emerging countries in the region.
Keeping this larger goal in mind, the vision document of the Society for Emergency Radiology provides an outline for developing emergency radiology as a subspecialty. It makes recommendations to the various medical colleges, public and private health organizations working towards providing emergency radiological services.
To facilitate a systematic development of emergency radiology, the Society’s vision document outlines the short-term, intermediate and long-term goals.
Short-term vision over the next two years (2020)
- Concerted efforts towards improving visibility of Emergency Radiology as a subspecialty
- Organizing annual conferences across different regions of the country with participation of national and international experts and leaders in the field.
- Holding frequent CMEs at local, regional and zonal levels for knowledge and skill development of radiologists, radiology residents and technologists.
- Create opportunities for short-term training towards creation of a focused emergency radiology team.
- To establish optimized workflows for efficient utilization of radiology services in the emergency departments.
- Liaise with the national and international leaders or organizations of Emergency Radiology, Medicine and Trauma Surgery for a coordinated development of Emergency and Trauma Centers providing emergency care and imaging support.
- Utilizing electronic and social media to spread awareness of the importance of emergency radiology services.
Intermediate vision over the next five years (2023)
- Working towards establishment of Emergency Radiology Divisions in Radiology Departments across the country.
- Providing online and on-site training modules and curricula for emergency radiology.
- Identifying a few institutions providing a milieu for basic and advanced skill development at all levels of an Emergency Radiology department.
- Taking inputs from the national Emergency Medicine and Trauma Organizations for a seamless integration with the emergency departments.
- SER providing accreditation to the Emergency Radiology departments seeking a seal of quality and standard of care.
Long-term vision over the next 10 years–
- Promoting research in all aspects of emergency radiology
- Clinical research
- Artificial intelligence and decision support systems-preparing for the imminent growth of human-machine interface in radiology with a focus on using this towards affordable, timely and widely available quality care
- Exploring innovative models of education and training suitable to the diversity of India
- The SER to act as an advisory body for Emergency Radiology Services in the country.
- Seeking recognition of Emergency Radiology as a recognized subspecialty by the MCI/DNB.